More REBT Self-talk Tips
1. Don’t blame others for making you unhappy. Take responsibility for making yourself happy.
2. Give yourself permission to make yourself happy-even if in so doing, others make themselves unhappy.
3. Make time for yourself to do things which bring you pleasure and enjoyment in the short-term.
4. Do things for others and your community without expecting anything back in return.
5. Sacrifice short-term pleasures and put up with short-term discomforts in order to achieve longer-term gains.
6. Accept the fallibility of others and yourself.
7. Don’t take things personally.
8. Take a chance even when you might fail at things at work or in your personal relationships.
9. Don’t become overly-concerned with what people think about you and what you are doing.
10. See uncertainty as a challenge-do not be afraid of it.