What does it take to become a Leader?
• Ability to listen • Ability to express ideas clearly in writing
• Ability to understand and interpret ideas clearly – received in both verbally and in writing
• Good teamwork skills •
Has a good interpersonal style to steer team members
• Selects the best course of action by identifying all the alternatives and then makes a logical assumption.
• Efficient use of resources • Having influence to motivate team members to achieve beyond goals
• Innovative and Creative Problem Solving skills
• Identifies and collects information relevant to the problem.
• Uses brainstorming techniques to create a variety of choices. Core personal skills and qualities of a leader
• Good communication skills
• Ability to expresses oneself effectively Ability to communicate in a way that encourages involvement.
Key Interpersonal Skills
• Treats others with respect
• Is considerate of the needs of others Values and encourages contributions of others Ability to Manage Client Relationships
• Develops good relationships with both internal and external customers.